Tuesday 4 October 2011

It's a deal, it's a steal...

I admit I have a lot of clothes. My wardrobe spills over into two rooms but there is never any reason why you can't want more. Sadly when you are a graduate on the search for a job, eager to feed these needs you find yourself turning to other methods to get your fix. Darker methods.
You find yourself turning to methods people may frown upon, 'she's changed' they whisper whilst friends and family struggle to recognise you. A shell of the girl you once were they think.
Looking in the mirror you don't even recognise yourself.

Hi, my name's Holly and I steal clothes from my family & friend's wardrobes.
But in all seriousness it is the perfect way to put something new in the mix, all for free. For me, it's my mum and my boyfriend's wardrobes that I enjoy getting my rotten hands on.
The clothes I am generally drawn to are always quite loose fitting and baggy, when buying t-shirts I always get a size up to achieve this look, the same applies when taking from my boyfriend's wardrobe.

stealing

The image on the left is me in my infamous denim shorts alongside a t-shirt of my mums and my glittery Topshop boots, whilst the image to the right I am wearing my shabby Mango jeans that are nearing their last breath, Topshop suede wedges, my boyfriend's flannel shirt underneath my super comfortable Isabel Marant-esque Zara jumper.

Screen shot 2011-10-04 at 21.02.57

Today also included being offered work experience (yippee), giving my tumblr a make-over and a new lease of life as well as eating delicious foods, unfortunately I didn't capture an image of my dinner: herbed minced Quorn (I'm a pescatarian) & vegetable bulgur wheat, but I did catch my lunch: a simple salad with garlic & herb chips.

34589a3231a649e88b45a8a3fd5f5059_7
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

0 comments:

Post a Comment