Thursday 27 October 2011

Designer skirt fund.

Click image to enlarge
As I mentioned yesterday during my post on Marni shoes, I was trying to put together another post with the help of Photoshop. I have a penchant for making outfits on my computer like so but often the clothing I would be able to afford isn't always so fun to play around with. The designer clothing is obviously more exciting in terms of pattern, cut, material .etc. than the watered down versions for the high street. However not all of us can afford clothes of such beauty, time and precision. I am sure though if we could it would be through saving the little pennies in our purse month after month for something special. I therefore have selected a few skirts on Net-a-Porter and created outfits from them with items that are more reasonable and in reach.
Being the kind of person that I am, they've all basically been paired with t-shirts because for me it's hard to not go down any other root. Don't get me wrong I love dressing up to go out of an evening but I always enjoy making an outfit have a casual slant to it. There is just something about a t-shirt, skirt and heels that does it for me and so really this post is variations of that combination.

Starting from left to right. 
[Outfit 1]
Ring: Topshop, Sleeveless Shirt: Weekday, Skirt: McQ, Shoes: Kurt Geiger
[Outfit 2]
Jacket: Unknown, Contrasted Sleeve T-shirt: Topshop, Skirt: Vanessa Bruno, Shoes: Nicole Farhi (sale) via Kurt Geiger
[Outfit 3]
Lizard Bracelet: Topshop, Sunglasses: Thierry Lasry, T-shirt: Cheap Monday, Skirt: Matthew Williamson, Shoes: Kurt Geiger
[Outfit 4]
Jumper: Weekday, T-shirt: Cheap Monday, Bone Earrings: Topshop, Skirt: Altuzarra, Shoes: Hobbs
[Outfit 5]
Necklace: Topshop, T-shirt: Weekday, Skirt: D&G, Shoes: Kurt Geiger

I think it's pretty clear I stayed within the constraints of a select few websites but the outfits have finally come together as I'd liked after much deliberation. Long do I continue to dream about being able to make long term investments with skirts like these. 
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

0 comments:

Post a Comment