Friday 11 November 2011

Holographic Alexa nails.

I am sure everybody must have noticed Alexa Chung's nails recently, they have been all over the internet. I'm not normally into painting my nails, primarily due to the fact I am quite lazy and it's the waiting to dry part which turns me off doing them. I've seen a DIY online but the glitter is much smaller to Alexa's so I had a quick go at trying it for myself. I was able to get the effect with larger glitter pieces using Barry M's nail varnish 'Hologram Hexograms' which you can also get it in a purple. 
This is how the nail turned out, I am very pleased with the result it is just a shame I don't have a good enough camera to get a better photograph. I created the effect by dabbing the brush on to my nail, concentrating on the tip to get the ombre effect. 
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

1 comment:

  1. awh these look so cute! i love glitter nails.. I just got mine done for my birthday with glitter tips! I'll have a post up sometime soon. :)

    -Selma
    beingselma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete