Tuesday 8 November 2011

Youth is wasted on the young.

The other day I noticed Emma Watson (here) in this McQ dress and it reminded me of quite an old ASOS dress I had hidden away and hadn't worn for years. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever worn it and I believe this is down in part to it making me look like a 10 year old girl attempting to be Avril Lavigne attempting to be a punk. Having seen Emma Watson though I went and dug the dress out thinking maybe my views on how it looked may have changed. I was wrong, I still didn't like it on so threw a black t-shirt over the top half of the strapless dress and for the first time had faith in the little tartan number. I'm unsure on the mesh & lace edging, I don't know whether to get rid of it and go at it with a sewing machine or whether I secretly think it adds a girlish touch to the grunge ensemble: the tough leather, harsh black & chunky boots.
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

2 comments:

  1. I say keep it, it's unique & you are rocking it! I prefer the look with the leather jacket Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ChicViv

    Thanks! I agree, I think I prefer it with the leather jacket on too!

    Holly (@pickletreat)

    ReplyDelete