Monday 20 February 2012

A/W 12 trend: Ladies Gloves

From top left (via style.com): Milly, Michael Kors
 Emilia Wickstead, Prabal Gurung, J.Mendel, House of Holland,
Elizabeth and James,  Diane Von Furstenberg,  Carolina Herrera
Marios Schwab
For sometime now I have been drawn to the idea of gloves with dresses and not just as an item you wear with your coat to keep your extremities warm but as part of an outfit, co-ordinating with your skirt. I believe this is in part, down to the Sixties period dramas that radiate from my television set into my living room, brainwashing me into needing curlers to style my hair. With Pan Am's first series coming to a close here in Britain and only a month until the long awaited fifth season of Mad Men starts on the other side of the pond, it's no wonder I have found myself questioning, when did women lose their sense of femininity? 
However, I may have spoken too soon as we aren't even half way through fashion month and I've already noticed my ardor for ladies gloves is surfacing as a trend for A/W 2012, appearing in over twenty shows so far.  
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

0 comments:

Post a Comment