Thursday 8 March 2012

Fashion Month: The Best Bits - Part 2

Images: Red Valentino via style.com
As I've previously mentioned before, my life has transcended into a world where I have been trying to make up for the lack of being a girly girl as a child through my clothes. This collection helped me along my way as I admired most of the looks. These suits particularly drew me in with their old fashioned shapes and ladylike charm. 
Images: Red Valentino & Roland Mouret via style.com
Ladylike continues with a bit more Red Valentino; this delightful pastel coat and with a bit of Roland Mouret. The rest of the Mouret show I didn't particularly fancy but this gave me my fix of matching top and bottom, a peplum and luxe materials.
Images: Alexander McQueen via style.com
The luxe was present in Alexander McQueen but in a more eccentric way. These were my two preferred outfits, you are offered the possibility of looking like sea coral on one side or a white swan on the other. The manipulation of material for the red dress, I find amazing and as for the white dress, skirts for your arms?
Images: Topshop Unique via style.com
Topshop Unique stuck to somber tones fit for autumn/winter (although perhaps you wouldn't find yourself cavorting around in these, with so much leg on show, in a wintery atmosphere). Nevertheless I love the whole relaxed, casual feel the show had to it and these were two of my favourite looks. Every item is wearable without the show looking too put together, like I often feel towards Ralph Lauren shows. Ralph Lauren pieces are very transferable for the shops but on the catwalk they seem too put together in that they make the models look as if they are wearing fancy dress.
Images: Tommy Hilfiger & Tibi via style.com
I adored the coats at Topshop Unique and I adored both of these coats from Tommy Hilfiger and Tibi. One is fit to go jumping around in puddles whilst the other is a simple, salt & pepper coat styled to look like the model is ready for school. If you read my blog, you will know that anything can draw me in with a resemblance to school life.
Images: Sacai via style.com
...and that's where Sacai attracted me. Boarding school chic, enough said. 
Images: Steven Alan & Giambattista Valli via style.com
Schooling continued at Steven Alan with a shirt and pinafore combination, grey socks & tan brogues. I am now on the look out for a suitable pinafore to recreate this whole ensemble, in the closest possible way. Giambattista Valli like Tibi, tempted me with salt & pepper but this time with in the form of an oversized chunky knit, a perfect place to hide yourself away from the unenjoyable climates. 
Images: Vanessa Bruno via style.com
It is apparent that metallic tailoring is a trend for A/W 12, having looked at every single show style.com had to offer. Vanessa Bruno put the metallics into her clothes through the use of jewelled colours, adding a touch of decadence to the whole charade. P.s are those velvet boots? 
Images: Tracy Reese & Rodarte via style.com
Lastly, two outfits that caught my eye out of collections I didn't find myself having much enthusiasm for. 
Prints and patterns colliding with success, with this outfit from Tracy Reese. My penchant for grid patterns just keeps on growing. 
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

0 comments:

Post a Comment