Monday 19 March 2012

Stripes & flippers.

A new week begins and I can hardly believe we are nearing the end of March, the day is perfect and I plan to spend it productively with lots to get done. I've got Fifties music flooding the room and fresh air drifting through the window and down deep into my lungs. 
I decided when I first picked up these pretty blush heels from the Zara sale that my journey to become more feminine on a daily basis would start with wearing these shoes casually and not just of an evening out. They are such a small heel that they don't look out of place worn this way but still keep the elegance and femininity that I was looking for. 
 I've taken to rising early and going out for a stroll through the dewy fields to clear my head, ready for the day. It's so easy to fall into a slumber around the house, the walk helps motivate me for the rest of the day especially with this beautiful weather. It's enough to put anyone in high spirits.
I'm wearing a navy jersey sleeveless blouse today (which I enjoy looting from my mother's wardrobe) with my white cotton skirt from Zara I picked this up because I really enjoy how it's covered in little vintage swimmers in their striped one suits, caps and flippers. It's a lovely length too and has a nice fullness to it. 
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

12 comments:

  1. Love the pink bow shoes! lovely blog too :)

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for your kind comment :)

      Holly

      Delete
  2. These photos are lovely! Thank you for following my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is so lovely of you to say and you are welcome :)

      Holly

      Delete
  3. Your photos are beautiful !! I love the skirt too.. So pretty!

    HELen

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the swimmers on it are just so cute and amusing, doing their little stretches by the looks of it. Thank you

      Holly

      Delete
  4. these photos are gorgeous, very romantic and dreamy! Im your new follower :-)

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbie, it's very nice of you to say so.

      Holly

      Delete
  5. I adore your blog SO much! Your posts are so well-written and you have such a lovely and whimsical sense of style. Love the skirt you're wearing in the first picture and those bow heels are gorgeous!

    xoxo Ally
    pinsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ally, you are so kind, I really really appreciate your comment. It has made my day, thank you.

      Holly

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Your skirt looks really cute! I love your shoes, the colour is awesome and the little detail is so cute!

    Hope you visit me on my Blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little swimmers are so cute, thank you for such a nice comment

      Holly

      Delete