Tuesday 5 July 2011

suitcase, stripes and sunshine

outfitpostsuitcase
After doing my usual and searching Alexa on tumblr to see her latest outfits I was shocked to see she had attended the Hop Farm!? Why didn't I know this and see her, sad but wonderful at the same time.
Normally what happens when I give her name a search, I end up with a wet top from all the dribbling, adoring her hair and clothes and ten minutes later I am in my room searching through all my clothes fixing up outfits.
I dug out my old pinafore style dress last night, from Zara a good few years ago now, and having also worn it more dressed up I decided to throw it over my breton jumper [Uniqlo] today with my tan loafers [Zara].
At home we often go through phases with programmes on the tv and overdose on them until my parents and I feel like we know the stars of the shows personally and we've seen all of the episodes. We did it once with CSI and now we do it with the History channel and it's programmes, Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Now because of this my parents have succumbed to visiting boot fairs every weekend to dig out interesting items for the house including a rusty old garden hoe to prop against the wall by my mothers vegetable patch for decoration and the other day they nearly fell owners to an old wooden false leg, decided against it and then spent the rest of their day at home wishing they had purchased it. They treated me the other day however and purchased me an old issue of Vogue and picked up these two old vintage suitcases for me, for free. I have wanted some for ages to use in my room as storage and these ones are perfect, thank you History channel for your influence over my parents.
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

0 comments:

Post a Comment