Monday 31 October 2011

Have yourself a luxe Christmas

(Click image to enlarge)
 Catwalk images via Style.com
Party season has finally arrived with an onslaught of festivities now heading our way. With Halloween this weekend, Firework night as we slip in to November, Thanksgiving for our neighbours across the pond, Christmas obviously and then we finally find ourselves wishing farewell to 2011 and welcoming 2012 in from outside in the cold. It is the time to celebrate, to dress up and take to the dance floor, the time of year where deep reds, velvet and sparkles of all kinds really get a look in. Every year I love to plan in advance, around this time, everything to do with December. I've started browsing websites working out outfits I plan on parading about in, considering what look and trends I want to try and pull off. I've created a few festive ensembles on Photoshop pulling ideas from Prabal Gurung, Lanvin & Tibi's Fall '11 shows. All the dresses used were taken from Hobbs' website, I chose to do this because I often think this shop along with a few others tend to be often presumed, to be targeted at a older, more mature woman, yet I completely disagree. Having matched the dresses up with Fall '11 dresses, it is clear to see they offer a very similar look and are very on trend.
The first outfit I chose to keep classic with the second being elegant with luxe bohemian touches. The third ensemble I added ankle boots to make more youthful with rich golden, opulent accessories which should be layered on to give the sense you are dripping in Persian treasure.

All three dresses (Hobbs), shoes all from (Styletread).
First Outfit: Art Deco clutch (Topshop) & Earrings (Accessorize)
Second Outfit: Necklace (Topshop), Clutch (Accessorize)
Third Outfit: Earrings & Clutch (Accessorize)
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

0 comments:

Post a Comment