Sunday 23 October 2011

Here Comes The Snow, Little Darling

photo
Leather jacket (Zara), Dusty pink dropwaist dress (Urban Outfitters), Leopard bag (Accessorize) & Platform black buckled shoes. 

I've never been a fan of tights, I could probably count the amount of times I've worn them in my lifetime on one hand, however I came across this pair in my drawer from a shoot I did at university. They may not seem it from the photo above but they are quite thin & sheer so your legs don't end up looking like thick tree trunks and they also have a Fifties seam running down the back.
My legs have become immune to feeling any kind of cold though having spent seven years waiting at a bus stop every morning, in all kinds of weather during secondary school. With a refusal to shield my legs with tights in order to save my days from being spent attractively pulling them up due to that dreaded baggy crotch syndrome and in turn sticking my nails through them creating holes which led to ladders, my legs vanquished frosty climates years ago. However, I think these pleated skirts I've been eyeing as of late go perfectly with tights, giving you a free pass to gallivant with your legs on display during these winter months. 
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

2 comments:

  1. An opaque tight with black suede shoes will always be one of my classic must haves for fall!

    www.hautewifetoday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @HAUTE WIFE

    Thank you for taking time to read my post and look at my blog! I couldn't agree with your more I've always loved the look but my distain for tights has never got me wearing them until now. I am going to be brace in the face of fashion and embrace this look, this winter!

    Holly (@pickletreat)

    ReplyDelete