Thursday 13 October 2011

Window Shopper

There is only so much online window shopping I can do before my senses start twitching. 
I long to feel the fibres of the fabric brush against my fingertips, the excitement of strolling around a shop curious as to what you will find next, eager to race to the changing rooms to slip it off the hanger and onto your body. So today I went and did just that, I got off of my behind, pulled myself away from the Macbook and headed out with my mother after she finished work for a slow stroll around the shops.
shopping
The shops are filled with a lot of sparkly numbers ready for the party season, fluffy furs, cosy coats to wrap up warm in the chill. 
photo
I was drawn to Zara as per usual, being my favourite shop I always find so much in there I like. I tried a few outfits on, one being this black and white polka dot dress. It had a cocoon shape so had a really nice fit when on, similar to the silhouette's seen on Stella McCartney's A/W '11 show.
It's very versatile with a t-shirt-esque design, it can be dressed down and worn casual but the soft silkiness of the material also allows it to be worn on an evening out with a change into a black pair of heels and scarlet red lips.
(p.s it has also has pockets which is always a positive in my books) 
photo
Next up I tried on this beautiful midnight-blue tinsel boucle skirt which had a subtle sparkle to it with this white tee. The white 'Le Monde Magazine' tee reminded me of Jean Seberg in Godard's A Bout De Souffle and paired with this Chanel-like skirt creates a suitable outfit for a night out when you don't want to dress up too much. 
photo
Finally I tried this beautiful silver party dress on, I was drawn to the boat neck and the flared skirt prompting me to think of Kate Moss at the Louis Vuitton S/S '12 show.
I'm always in t-shirts and jeans, baggy clothes that don't always tend to be girly in appearance so when I go out, especially around this end of year period, I like to embrace this side of me for a change and I think this dress is the perfect piece to do so!
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

0 comments:

Post a Comment