Monday 11 July 2011

Holly Hobbie.

'Creativity takes courage' so said Matisse, and I am going to follow in the shadow of his words and be courageous with my creativity, alongside my mother, for a little business venture. As I mentioned in a previous post, my mum and I are thinking of opening an Etsy shop something I have wanted to do for a while now. I won't reveal what we have planned yet as I wouldn't want to curse it for it is only a seed we have sown within the last week. It is so exciting, I have been spending my lost days planning, the creativity in my veins pumps quicker by the day. 

I find the aspect of planning all very exciting but when you have sat there all morning flirting with future plans and you know nothing can progress that day, it can get a bit tedious and I found myself caught in a daze. Quick to close down my laptop before I turned into a zombie I dug out some watercolours, a pad and a pencil and began to draw. It had been a longtime since I had been creative through this kind of medium, I had forgotten how enjoyable and relaxing it is. A lost day became less lonely once I welded a paintbrush to my hand and was transfixed by colours flooding the paper. 

I hope this is something I keep on pursuing as a hobby, as I have a habit of going through 'phases'. To make sure it is something I keep on with, I have found the perfect little watercolour travel set, if only my birthday or Christmas was near as it would be top of my list + a nice shiny new sketchbook, both to pop into my bag wherever I go, like Picasso once said, 'painting is just another way of keeping a diary'.


Practice makes perfect.
Screen shot 2011-07-05 at 12.00.35

0 comments:

Post a Comment